Blog: Webinar: Can VIRTUAL Environments Ever Drive REAL Benefits?
Managing virtual environments is becoming more complex, Federal initiatives are piling on, and your organization's infrastructure is what it is. Is the promise of virtualization a pipe dream? How do you manage it all and keep your sanity?
This webinar, to be held March 19, 2009, at 12 noon ET, will explore:
- Weaving virtual environment into existing infrastructures
- The eight common government initiatives and which ones really matter, including Green IT and Continuity of Operations
- Compelling management solutions
- Protecting existing management investments
- Real-world examples of delivering on the promise of virtualization
Join SIGNAL Magazine Editor-in-Chief Robert K. Ackerman on March 19, 2009, 12 noon, for a conversation on these topics with Michael Biddick, CTO at Windward IT Solutions, an operational management consulting firm based in Herndon, Va., and a contributing editor for InformationWeek magazine.
Michael specializes in ITIL best-practice frameworks for business service management, eTOM-focused operational support systems, application performance management, and monitoring systems for managed service providers. He previously served as Director of Technology for the University of Wisconsin Law School. Michael earned a Master's of Science from Johns Hopkins University and dual Bachelor's degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Registration for the webinar is here.