Guest Blogging Guidelines
Bloggers with expertise in the areas of communications, intelligence and information systems are encouraged to share their insight with the SIGNAL Online readership as regular contributors to the SIGNAL blog. To become a guest blogger, send us your name and title, your area(s) of expertise, the topics you want to blog about and a writing sample that shows your writing style. Individuals who wish to become guest bloggers should be willing to submit at least one previously unpublished blog a month.
If interested, send your information to email@example.com. Please use “guest blog request” in the subject line. We will respond to your inquiry within 10 working days.
General Blog Guidelines
· Submit original content blog posts that are 400-600 words long.
· You must be able to attest to the fact that you own the right to publish everything that you submit.
· Include photographs and illustrations if possible, but ensure the images are in the public domain or that you have permission to use with the blog. Properly credit all images.
· Images should be jpg or png files, 72 dpi.
· Blogs can reference external content if done so in an editorial, not promotional, manner.
· Bloggers can link to their websites and/or include their Twitter handle in their bios.
· The scheduling of blog posts will be based on their topics, news value and timeliness, but the editorial team will make every effort to post blogs by approved guest bloggers within three days of acceptance.
· SIGNAL reserves the right to edit posts for clarity and style or to decline to publish a post at its discretion. SIGNAL also reserves the right to terminate guest blogging privileges at any time SIGNAL may add links to AFCEA-related activities.
Bloggers may post portions of the content to their own personal or company blogs, ensuring links to the SIGNAL posting are included in headlines or text summaries, typically not to exceed four (4) paragraphs. Bloggers are encouraged to share content, preferably from the SIGNAL site, on their own social media accounts. Read more.
Once a guest blogger is approved, that individual will be required to sign a separate copyright agreement.