Search:  

 Blog     e-Newsletter       Resource Library      Directories      Webinars  Apps     EBooks
   AFCEA logo
 

Joint Warfighting 2012

Technologies, Capabilities Can Reshape Joint Force

May 16, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

Only 20 percent of the force by 2020 remains to be designed. Technology can enable changes in the other 80 percent to meet emerging needs.

Security Threats to United States Broaden, Deepen

May 16, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

New threat capabilities are reaching more militaries and smaller adversaries. And, these threats will reach farther and with greater impact.

Retaining Good People in the Military Is up to the Leadership

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

Quality starts at the top if the military is to attract and retain good people. Leaders must create the right atmosphere and

Population Demographics May Threaten U.S. Security

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

Not only are the global have-nots younger and more likely to act abruptly, the U.S. population is older and is less inclined to support defense spending and education. These two trends may converge, to the United States' detriment.

War Medicine Leads to Remarkable Breakthroughs

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

The horrors of war are creating miracles in the laboratory. Scientists are making breakthrough advances in prosthetics and in restoring lost senses to wounded veterans.

U.S. Forces Not Ready for Future War

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

Designing the military to win the current war may leave it ill-prepared for the next one, especially with the upcoming budget crunch. Leaders need to re-think what they want in a force.

Training and Education Require a Delicate Balancing Act

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

Finding balance, encouraging critical thinking and advancing cyber education are part of the panel recommendations from a group of service representatives addressing training and education in a constrained budget environment.

Traditional Military Definitions Fall Prey to Modernization, Change

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

The battlespace of the past was linear with clear definitions. The future battlespace is multidimensional with several domains.

A NATO Invigoration May Be the Key to Future Global Security

May 15, 2012
By Robert K. Ackerman

The United States needs to lead NATO explicitly, not implicitly, according to the chief of staff, NATO Allied Command Transformation.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - Joint Warfighting 2012