AFCEA Leadership Forum First Class - Sep 07 - Feb 08
Second Class - Mar 08 - Aug 08 Third Class - Sep 08 - Feb 09
Fourth Class - Mar 09 - Aug 09 Fifth Class - Sept 09 - Feb 10
Sixth Class - March 10 - Aug 2010 Seventh Class - Sept 2010 - February 2011
Eighth Class - March 2011 - August 2011 WEST 2012 - January 25-26, 2012
Ninth Class - Sept 2011 - Feb 2012 Tenth Class - March 2012 - August 2012
Eleventh Class - Sept 2012 - February 2013
Click here to view video discussions with AFCEA Leadership Forum
speakers at SIGNAL's
Leadership Series - Five Questions
- AFCEA International and the AFCEA Educational Foundation sponsor the AFCEA Leadership Forum program where senior proven leaders (Senior Military Officers; Civilian Government Officials; Industry Leaders) active in the AFCEA Community lead interactive seminars on “Leadership” to 25 rising professionals in the information technology, command and control, and intelligence fields. This course maps directly to AFCEA's goals of professional development and providing value to members.
The following leaders have participated (or are scheduled to participate)
- Deborah H. Alderson, Executive Vice President, Strategic Development, SRA International
- Anne Altman, General Manager, Mainframe Platform, IBM Systems and Technology Group
- Duane Andrews, CEO, QinetiQ, North America
- Eric Bassel, Director, SANS Institute, Member of AFCEA Cyber Committee
- MG Mark Bowman, USA, Director, Command, Control Communications and Computers, Joint Staff, J6
- VADM Herb Browne, USN (Ret.), former President and CEO, AFCEA International; former Deputy Commander, Space Command
- Robert Carey, CIO, Department of the Navy
- Dr. Robert D. Childs, Chancellor, National Defense University iCollege
- Paul Cofoni, Chief Executive Officer, President, CACI International
- Lt Gen Charles E. "Charlie" Croom, Jr., USAF (Ret.), former Director, Defense Information Systems Agency, and Commander, Joint Task Force - Global Network Operations
- LTG Pete Cuviello, USA (Ret.), Director I Network Enabled, Operational Support, Deloitte Consulting LLP; former CIO and G6 of the U.S. Army
- Lt Gen Albert J. Edmonds, USAF (Ret.), former Commander, Defense Information Systems Agency; Edmonds Enterprise Services
- Marlin Forbes, Regional Vice President, Defense and Intelligence, Verizon Business
- Natalie Givans, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Linda Gooden, Executive Vice President, Lockheed Martin Information Systems and Global Services
- Alfred Grasso, President and CEO, The MITRE Corporation
- Kevin P. Green, Vice President, Defense and Intelligence, IBM Federal
- The Honorable Wallace "Chip" Gregson, Assistant Secretary of Defense, Asia-Pacific
- VADM Harry B. Harris, Jr., USN, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Communication Networks (OPNAV N6)
- LTGEN Ronnie Hawkins, Jr., USAF, Director, DISA
- John C. Inglis, Deputy Director, National Security Agency
- RADM Arthur Langston, USN (Ret.), Vice President, Business Operations, Oracle Corporation, former Director of the Navy Staff
- Cathy L. Lanier, Chief of Police, Metropolitan Police Department
- LTG Susan S. Lawrence, USA, Chief Information Officer/G-6 US Army
- Dr. J.P. London, Chairman of the Board, CACI International, Inc.
- ADM James Loy, USCG (Ret.), The Cohen Group; former Commandent, U.S. Coast Guard
- Alan A. Malinchak, Chief Learning Officer and Vice President, ManTech University, ManTech International
- LT GEN Kenneth A. Minihan, USAF (Ret.) former Director of the National Security Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency; Managing Director of Paladin Capital Group
- L. David Marquet, Author of Turn the Ship Around!
- LTG Carroll F. Pollett, USA, Director, DISA
- Lt Gen Harry D. Raduege, Jr., USAF (Ret.), former Commander, Defense Information Systems Agency; Deloitte & Touche
- Dr. Ralph Shrader, Chairman and CEO, Booz Allen Hamilton
- LTG Jeffrey A. Sorenson, USA, Director, CIO/G-6
- ADM James G. Stavridis, USN, Commander, United States Southern Command
- VADM Jerry O. Tuttle, USN (Ret.), President and CEO, J.O.T. Enterprises, LLC
- Dr. Dinesh Verma, Dean, School of Systems and Enterprises, Stevens Institute of Technology
- David M.Wennergren, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Information Management and Technology and DoD Deputy CIO
- Austin Yerks, President, Defense Division, CSC
- Dendy Young, CEO, McLean Capital, LLC
- General Anthony G. Zinni, USMC (Ret.), Chairman of the Board of Directors, BAE Systems; former Commander in Chief of U.S. Central Command
- Each program consists of 6 classes (1 per month) for 6 months. Classes are 1.5 hours in length with a 30-45 minute reception after the presentation for networking.
There are 2 graduating classes per year for classes held at AFCEA International Headquarters, 4400 Fair Lakes Court, Fairfax, VA 22033.
Dates of next class are: 9 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December 2013, 6 January, 2014 and 3 February 2014 . (Monday Evenings, 4pm-6pm)
The program is restricted to 25 rising professionals. Candidates must be nominated by someone more senior in their corporation, agency or service. (The same 25 rising professionals attend all 6 courses).
The tuition for the program is $800 per student.
Objective of program:
- Leverage AFCEA's wealth of leadership talent to continually advance professional knowledge and scholarships in the fields of communications, information technology, intelligence, cyber, and global security, information technology, command and control, and intelligence communities.
Strengthen the AFCEA brand to AFCEA supporters and potential supporters.
- Increase the value of AFCEA membership.
- Recruit new members (people who want to be part of AFCEA given our focus on Leadership).
Objective of each session:
- Provide a non-attribution discussion on the ‘keys to successes’ based on real life examples shared by proven leaders.
- High potential rising leader—an individual who could potentially assume leadership of your organization. Someone who may not be an AFCEA member today, but would potentially be a great future AFCEA leader.
- Space in the Forum is limited. We are accepting students in the next
AFCEA Leadership Forum that begins on 9 September 2013. If you are interested in nominating a student in the next Forum, please send that person’s Name, Title, Email Address, and Phone Number to Fred Rainbow
via Email or
- Click here for the March 2008 article published in SIGNAL.
Our office phone numbers and emails are:
Registrars, Jill Malinchak and Gloria Kirkland: 703-631-6137; Email
Director, Sheila McCoy: 703-631-6135; Email
Executive Director, Fred Rainbow: 703-631-6141; Email
Connect with the AFCEA Educational Foundation