SANS Institute Brings NetWars to EAST: Joint Warfighting 2013
How NetWars Works
At the outset of the challenge, each player must find hidden keys within a special image downloaded from the Internet and then use those keys to enter an online environment where knowledge of security vulnerabilities and their exploits can be turned into points. NetWars has six separate levels, so players may quickly advance through earlier levels to their level of expertise. The entire challenge involves all six levels.
0) Q&A with tutorials – Do you know the foundations?
1) Played on CD image (Lin or Win), no superuser privs granted
2) Played on CD image (Lin or Win) with superuser
3) Played across the Internet, attacking DMZ
4) Played across the Internet, attacking internal network from DMZ
5) Played across the Internet, attacking other player’s castles and
defending your own
6) Expert Level (Currently being designed)
Benefits for Individuals
If you are a self-motivated security professional who really wants to put your knowledge to the test, then NetWars is an excellent opportunity for you to have fun and learn in a competition with other security professionals, practicing real world tactics that could happen at any time.
Benefits for Organizations
How would your security team handle a real attack? Do they have the right skills and knowledge to defend vital systems? The NetWars simulation let’s you see how your organization would react during an attack, but without the consequences.
Register today at www.afcea.org/education/courses/netwars.asp