Members of the media are invited to attend West 2012 free of charge. Advanced registration is recommended but not required. On-site media registration will be available.
West 2012 Media Policy
• Media are invited to attend the West exposition, panel sessions and addresses free of charge. (Tickets to evening events must be purchased separately.)
• To expedite the registration process, media representatives and freelancers are strongly encouraged to pre-register. Please do so by contacting Tobey Jackson or Scot Christenson.
• All media must show valid credentials (photo ID, business card, Congressional Gallery Pass, Pentagon Press Pass or the equivalent). If on assignment for another publication, freelancing or researching, please bring an explanatory letter from the publication's editor.
• All photographers and videographers must have permission from a West conference staff member before entering any West event. The West conference staff may provide escort service to photographers and videographers.
• Lunch Addresses: Those wishing to attend should advise Tobey Jackson or Scot Christenson prior to the event so that proper arrangements can be made.
• All panel sessions and addresses are open to the media and may be recorded unless otherwise indicated, as long as the proceedings are not disturbed.
• Interviews may be conducted subsequent to the sessions, at the discretion of the speakers, panelists or their staff.
• Soliciting or accepting orders for any product or service, including advertising space, in the exhibit hall or any other part of the West area is prohibited. Distribution of your organization's publications or other promotional material is also prohibited.
• AFCEA International and the U.S. Naval Institute reserve the right to refuse or revoke media credentials at their discretion.