The AFCEA Intelligence Committee is a volunteer group of public and private sector intelligence professionals that oversees AFCEA's Intelligence outreach and helps build bridges between the government and industry..
The Committee provides an active focal point within AFCEA for encouraging the exchange of ideas and coordinating AFCEA’s intelligence-related activities.
Specifically, the Committee:
- Strengthens AFCEA Intelligence’s role as the Association’s principal intelligence advocate and resource, making available to the AFCEA membership worldwide its understanding of intelligence – and making available to the Community the interests and capabilities of AFCEA’s individual and corporate members.
- Supports AFCEA and its membership by preparing, reviewing, approving and/or making recommendations for intelligence symposia, intelligence-related course material for use in the AFCEA Professional Development Program, projects, white papers, etc.
- Conducts classified and unclassified intelligence symposia.
- Promotes AFCEA membership and support within the Community.
- Supports SIGNAL Magazine by encouraging and contributing ideas for intelligence-related articles and interviews.
- Oversees AFCEA’s annual intelligence recognition program.
VADM Lowell (Jake) Jacoby, USN (Ret.)
Executive Vice President National Solutions Group
CACI International, Inc.
Mr. Lewis Shepherd
Director and General Manager
Ms. Maureen Baginski (2012-2014)
Dr. Bill Nolte (2009-2012)
Mr. Chris Haakon (2006 - 2009)
Mr. John (Jay) Rixse (2005 - 2006)
Mr. Timothy Sample (2004 - 2005)
Dr. Mark Lowenthal (2001 - 2004)
Maj Gen Rich O'Lear, USAF (Ret.) (1998 - 2001)
Brig Gen Billy Bingham, USAF (Ret.) (1995 - 1998)
Lt Gen C. Norman Wood, USAF (Ret.) (1992 - 1995)
Committee Membership Application
Once a year, in the June - July timeframe, the AFCEA Intelligence Committee solicits new private sector members to fill slots of retiring members. Click here for more information.
Government Committee members do not stand for election, but are appointed by their organizations in a separate process.
AFCEA Intelligence is perhaps best known for its annual spring classified symposia for U.S. intelligence professionals in government and industry. It also conducts industry days for each of the military Services and for Intelligence agencies.
As part of its ongoing outreach to the Intelligence Community, the AFCEA Intelligence Committee has prepared a series of white papers intended to contribute to a national discussion about ways to strengthen the contribution intelligence makes to our nation's security and to address the growing need for intelligence to function within the evolving operational concepts of defense, homeland security and the other components of national security.
We encourage you to provide feedback regarding our published white papers. At the end of each paper, you will find an online survey.
Space ISR in a Contested Environment
Intelligence Community Acquisition & Development (Joint AFCEA Intelligence/INSA paper)
The Intelligence Community: New Challenges, Sources, and Methods
Congress and the Intelligence Community: Rebuilding Trust
Intelligence Support to Critical Infrastructure Protection
Enabling a Responsive and Agile Intelligence Enterprise
Information Sharing and Collaboration: Planning, Budgeting, and Execution
The Need to Share: The U.S. Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement
The Last Tactical Mile...and the First
Lessons Learned: Building a New National Intelligence Partnership
Intelligence: The Way Forward
Making Analysis Relevant: It's More than Connecting the Dots
Intelligence and the New National Security Environment
National Security and Horizontal Integration