The AFCEA Intelligence Committee is a volunteer group of public and private sector intelligence professionals that oversees AFCEA's Intelligence outreach and helps build bridges between the government and industry..
The Committee provides an active focal point within AFCEA for encouraging the exchange of ideas and coordinating AFCEA’s intelligence-related activities.
Specifically, the Committee:
- Strengthens AFCEA Intelligence’s role as the Association’s principal intelligence advocate and resource, making available to the AFCEA membership worldwide its understanding of intelligence – and making available to the Community the interests and capabilities of AFCEA’s individual and corporate members.
- Supports AFCEA and its membership by preparing, reviewing, approving and/or making recommendations for intelligence symposia, intelligence-related course material for use in the AFCEA Professional Development Program, projects, white papers, etc.
- Conducts classified and unclassified intelligence symposia.
- Promotes AFCEA membership and support within the Community.
- Supports SIGNAL Magazine by encouraging and contributing ideas for intelligence-related articles and interviews.
- Oversees AFCEA’s annual intelligence recognition programs (e.g., intelligence awards and an essay contest).
Ms. Maureen Baginski
VADM Lowell (Jake) Jacoby, USN (Ret.)
Executive Vice President National Solutions Group
CACI International, Inc.
Dr. Bill Nolte (2009-2012)
Mr. Chris Haakon (2006 - 2009)
Mr. John (Jay) Rixse (2005 - 2006)
Mr. Timothy Sample (2004 - 2005)
Dr. Mark Lowenthal (2001 - 2004)
Maj Gen Rich O'Lear, USAF (Ret.) (1998 - 2001)
Brig Gen Billy Bingham, USAF (Ret.) (1995 - 1998)
Lt Gen C. Norman Wood, USAF (Ret.) (1992 - 1995)
Newly Elected 2013 Committee Members:
Mr. Brian Keller, Senior Vice President, Leidos
Ms. Kathleen Kiernan, Chief Executive Officer, Kiernan Group Holdings
Ms. Kathy Pherson, Chief Executive Officer, Pherson Associates
Ms. Lynn Schnurr, Vice President, Defense Intelligence, GDIT
Committee Membership Application
Once a year, in the May - June timeframe, the AFCEA Intelligence Committee solicits new private sector members to fill slots of retiring members.
Government Committee members do not stand for election, but are appointed by their organizations in a separate process.
Click Here For More Information and to Apply for Committee Membership
(Application Deadline: June 30, 2014)
AFCEA Intelligence is perhaps best known for its annual fall and spring classified symposia for U.S. intelligence professionals in government and industry. For the last seventeen years, these events have sold out every time they have been held.
As part of its ongoing outreach to the Intelligence Community, the AFCEA Intelligence Committee has prepared a series of white papers intended to contribute to a national discussion about ways to strengthen the contribution intelligence makes to our nation's security and to address the growing need for intelligence to function within the evolving operational concepts of defense, homeland security and the other components of national security.
We encourage you to provide feedback regarding our published white papers. At the end of each paper, you will find an online survey.
Special Supplement DIA 50th Anniversary
Space ISR in a Contested Environment
Intelligence Community Acquisition & Development (Joint AFCEA Intelligence/INSA paper)
The Intelligence Community: New Challenges, Sources, and Methods
Congress and the Intelligence Community: Rebuilding Trust
Intelligence Support to Critical Infrastructure Protection
Enabling a Responsive and Agile Intelligence Enterprise
Information Sharing and Collaboration: Planning, Budgeting, and Execution
The Need to Share: The U.S. Intelligence Community and Law Enforcement
The Last Tactical Mile...and the First
Lessons Learned: Building a New National Intelligence Partnership
Intelligence: The Way Forward
Making Analysis Relevant: It's More than Connecting the Dots
Intelligence and the New National Security Environment
National Security and Horizontal Integration
AFCEA Answers Radio Show - Intelligence Episodes:
AFCEA Answers is AFCEA's bi-weekly radio show airing on Friday, 2:05 pm EST on 1500 AM and www.federalnewsradio.com. AFCEA Answers provides a forum to promote government and industry dialogue. Government and industry guests will meet to address an issue (the weekly question) and provide specific solutions (the answers).