Information for Advertisers
- ALL ADVERTISING MATERIALS should conform to the specifications below. Digital submissions must include a color proof and the digital advertising checklist.
- Send materials to:
AFCEA International Headquarters
4400 Fair Lakes Court
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
- You may be instructed to send material directly to the printer. If so, use the following address:
John Ford/SIGNAL Magazine
2901 Byrd Hill Rd.
Richmond, Va. 23228
- Please note: Digital Advertisements are not accepted by e-mail. Please send on a ZIP disk or CD-ROM. Or, call for FTP instructions. ZIP disks and CD-ROM will be returned to advertiser/agency only if requested.
Digital Ad Specifications
- Digital advertising files should be in Adobe Acrobat 4.x, 5.x or 6.x PDF format and must be distilled to specific distiller job options settings. A PDF file should be generated from a high-resolution PostScript file or printed using high-resolution settings. Detailed PostScript Printer Description, Distiller job option settings and In Design settings can be downloaded at www.cadmusmediaworks.com. Click on the icon for “Cadmus Mediaworks Digital File Specs.” Then select the Mac or PC folder to view the information specific to our system.
- Files should meet the following specifications (all items not mentioned should be turned off, set to default or to none):
- Compatibility: Acrobat 4
- Optimize PDF
- Resolution: 2400 dpi
- Uncheck all three Bicubic Downsampling (Resampling) boxes (Color, Grayscale, and Monochrome Bitmap Images)
- Compression for Color and Grayscale Bitmap Images is JPEG, Quality: Maximum
- Compression for Monochrome Bitmap Images is CCITT Group 4
- Compress Text and Line Art box should be checked
- Check the Embed All Fonts box
- Check the Subset All Embedded Fonts box and specify Below 100%
- When Embedding Fails specify Cancel Job
- Embedding: Base 14 Fonts
- Always and Never Embed should remain empty
- Conversion: Specify Leave Color Unchanged (4.x) or Settings File: Color Management Off (5.x)
- Options: Preserve ALL
Please use the following file name configuration:
- Options: select Illustrator Overprint Mode and Convert gradients to smooth shades
- Document Structuring Conventions (DSC): specify Process DSC Comments, Preserve EPS Information from DSC, and Preserve Document information from DSC.
Important: Elements must be CMYK, Grayscale, or Black Monotone (no RGB or LAB colors). A SWOP contract color proof must be provided. Should a SWOP contract color proof not be provided, publisher will not assume responsibility for color problems in the printed issue.