AFCEA’s Small Business Program encompasses the activities of AFCEA International, the Small Business Committee, and AFCEA Chapters. The purpose of the program is to enhance AFCEA’s outreach to the small business community within the Information Technology, Communications, Intelligence and Homeland Defense sectors.
Our activities provide targeted networking and relationship building opportunities that enhance small businesses' efforts to develop and sustain business in the federal sector. Educational programming is included to foster business development skills and enhance partnerships with other small and large prime contractors. We endeavor to provide outreach for the Association and to be additive to current government and industry offerings.
The AFCEA International Small Business Program is designed to strengthen the association by enhancing benefits for our members.
The following goals are designed to strengthen the value proposition for members:
- Create an ethical forum where capable small businesses can increase visibility, identify teammates/partners and successfully compete for federal procurements;
- Educate established small businesses to support development, growth, and success in the federal government market;
- Prepare small businesses to approach government & large business in an efficient way;
- Assist large businesses to facilitate subcontracting opportunities for small businesses;
- Assist government agencies in identifying small businesses to meet their SB award goals.
Value proposition for AFCEA Small Business members
The primary focus is on building value for AFCEA Small Business Corporate members. Small business programs, however, have the potential to serve all AFCEA stakeholders – government, industry (large & small), and individual members.
The value proposition of AFCEA membership for small businesses includes:
- Opportunities to develop and maintain relationships for partnering/teaming through access to large business members;
- Increased opportunities for access to government for development of customer relationships, information gathering and situational awareness;
- Exposure to other small businesses for building and maintaining relationships for teaming and peer support;
- Education programs allowing small businesses to develop and hone the skills necessary to increase efficiency & productivity.
Join the Small Business Mailing List
Receive prior notification of upcoming news and events like symposiums and our highly popular matchmaking events. Join the mailing list.
If you're not already a valued member, we invite you to join us!