AFCEA Leadership Award
This is awarded to a long-standing member of AFCEA with a record of sustained contributions to the Association, and exceptional leadership skills. The write-up must be based mainly on leadership in AFCEA rather than the candidate's professional career. Winners are selected by the AFCEA International Awards Committee. Nominees for this award are often previous Medal of Merit winners.
The Leadership Award will be graded on the following:
AFCEA participation and contributions
Specific examples of performance that highlight outstanding leadership with documented growth and/or improvement in AFCEA under his/her leadership
Previous Medal of Merit or other AFCEA recognition including at the chapter level
Exceptional professional performance at a senior leadership level in the fields of communications, electronics, intelligence, and information systems with documented examples
Other professional awards/achievements
- Must be a current AFCEA member
- Must have been active in AFCEA for at least six years before being nominated for this award
- Must have at least three years in a leadership position at the HQ or chapter level
- Must be able to document a minimum of seven significant AFCEA achievements in the past two years
- If previous Medal of Merit winner, it must have been won at least two years prior to being nominated for this award
- Individual cannot nominate themselves
- Nomination must be endorsed by the nominee's AFCEA Regional Vice President (RVP)
NOMINATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NLT: 04/02/2017
Click here for a complete list of AFCEA awards.
Click here for a complete list of past award winners.