CMMC Industry Advisory Council Announced
The council provides industry feedback on CMMC.
The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification Accreditation Body (CMMC-AB), the sole authoritative source for operationalizing CMMC assessments and training by the U.S. Defense Department, has announced the formation of a cybersecurity Industry Advisory Council’s (IAC).
The CMMC-AB IAC mission is to provide a unified voice as representatives of organizations seeking certification to provide to the Defense Department and the accreditation board feedback, input and recommendations for implementing the CMMC.
Chaired by current treasurer Yong-Gon Chon, the CMMC-AB IAC includes representatives from large and small businesses from a wide range of markets within the defense industrial base. Inaugural members include:
- Nicole Dean, CISO, Accenture Federal Services
- Ted Steffan, Senior Security Partner Strategist, Amazon Web Services
- Darren Death, CISO, ASRC Federal
- Jeffrey Dodson, CSO, BAE Systems
- Timothy Trickett, CTO, BDO
- Jake Williams, IT Security Manager, Doncasters Group
- Michael Baker, CISO, General Dynamics Information Technology
- Adam McNair, COO, Highlight Technologies
- Neil Brink, Cybersecurity Specialist, Rolls-Royce
- Brian Thompson, Director, GovCloud Security and Compliance, Salesforce
- Michael Rohde, Deputy CISO, Federal, ServiceNow
- Allison Krache Giddens, President, Win-Tech Inc.
With an estimated 300,000 companies comprising the defense industrial base, obtaining relevant feedback from industry is crucial for the long-term success of the CMMC program, according to a press release. The IAC will continue to continue to seek more volunteers council members, the release added. Anyone interested in becoming a member can find more information at www.cmmcab.org.