ODNI Seeks Industry Innovation
The intelligence agency is looking for industry to present capabilities to enhance national security.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence issued a special notice on May 22 seeking input from companies on advancing technologies such as artificial intelligence, data management and advanced computing to aid the intelligence community and strengthen national security. The request for information ask interested parties to respond by July 26.
The agency, or ODNI, is broadening the range of its Intelligence, Science, and Technology Partnership, known as In-STeP, to provide input on innovative capabilities that address ODNI's Intelligence Community (IC)-wide Strategic Initiatives.
ODNI’s IC-wide Strategic Initiatives include:
- Augmenting Intelligence Using Machines: Increased insight, knowledge and speed through artificial intelligence, automation and augmentation.
- Right, Trusted, Agile Workforce: A trusted workforce with the right expertise that moves easily within the IC and to/from the private sector.
- Acquisition Agility: Flexible, risk-managed delivery of innovative capabilities, data, and expertise at mission pace.
- Modern Data Management and Infrastructure: IC data discoverable, accessible and usable, through secure, modernized systems and standards.
- Private Sector Partnerships: Effective leveraging of the collective capabilities, data, expertise, and insights of the private sector.
- Comprehensive Cyber Posture: A nation more secure from cyber threats and the U.S. positioned for strategic and tactical surprise.
“If your company or organization is working on technology, research or an idea that advances the state of the art with respect to the strategic initiatives, especially the specific topics listed in the attachment, the ODNI wants to hear from you,” the announcement stated.
As part of the In-STeP program, the agency will hold one-on-one meetings with companies about the submitted solutions. Companies are asked to identify the topic area to which their technology, research, or idea applies:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Behavioral Science
- Energy & Power
- Future of Intelligence
- Futures Assessments and Analytic Methodologies
- Horizon Scanning
- Human Capital
- Innovation Management
- Net Assessments
- Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT)
- Political Influence Campaigns
- System of Systems
More information on ODNI’s RFI can be found on FedBizOpps.Gov.