Applications Open January 1 - May 31, 2023
Frontier Technology Inc.’s Lavon Jordan Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to graduating high school seniors (Summer 2023) who will be attending an accredited four-year academic institution in the United States for the 2023-2024 academic year and pursuing a major in STEM or a related field that supports the mission of FTI and the AFCEA Educational Foundation.
Please note that awarded recipients are required to meet virtually with an FTI-appointed adviser a minimum of two (2) times during the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Be a U.S. citizen and live within the United States.
- Be an individual from historically underrepresented populations, including, but not limited to minorities, women, persons who identify as LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities
- Be in high school and pursuing a full-time education at an accredited four-year academic institution in the United States for the 2023-2024 academic year
- Have and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be pursuing a major in a STEM or related field.
- Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include:
- astronomy, biometry/biometrics, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence and telecommunications engineering.
Submissions must include the following:
- Completed Application: including a 500-word essay telling the scholarship committee about yourself, including: what experiences have made you the person you are today; what diversity and inclusion mean to you; why you are pursuing a STEM degree; and how this scholarship will help you succeed on that journey.
- Current Transcript: with completed courses and grades to date. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Letter of Recommendation: at least one letter should be provided from a career counselor or STEM teacher. Have your references submit their letters of recommendation in pdf form via email to email@example.com.
- Letter of Acceptance: to an accredited four-year academic institution.
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22033
If electronic submission is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed above by the deadline.
Completed applications, including all supporting documentation, must be submitted by the posted deadline.