Applications open January 1.
Lavon Jordan Diversity and Inclusion Scholarships of $2,500 will be awarded to graduating high school seniors (spring/summer 2022) who will be attending an accredited four-year academic institution in the United States for the 2022-2023 academic year and pursuing a major in STEM or a related field that supports the mission of FTI and the AFCEA Educational Foundation.
- Be a U.S. citizen and live within the United States.
- Be an individual from historically underrepresented populations, including, but not limited to minorities, women, persons who identify as LGBTQ+ and persons with disabilities
- Be in high school and pursuing a full-time education at an accredited four-year academic institution in the United States for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Have and maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be pursuing a major in a STEM or related field.
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application
- Current transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a career counselor or STEM teacher
- A letter of acceptance to an accredited four-year academic institution
- A 500-word essay telling the scholarship committee about yourself, including: what experiences have made you the person you are today; what diversity and inclusion mean to you; why you are pursuing a STEM degree; and how this scholarship will help you succeed on that journey
- Applicants also agree to meet virtually with an FTI-appointed adviser a minimum of two (2) times during the 2022-2023 academic year