Copernicus Award Nominations
The Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare in partnership with AFCEA International and the U.S. Naval Institute announce the request for nominations for the 2020 Copernicus Award (for accomplishments in 2019).
The U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA International are honored to recognize individuals each year who are selected based on their sustained superior performance in a C4I/IT-related job. The selections are made by a board of judges who review applications from the departments of the Navy and Coast Guard, including active duty and civilians. The U.S. Naval Institute and AFCEA International present the awards at one of two annual conferences held in either San Diego, California, or Baltimore, Maryland.
- The nomination deadline is Friday, 1 November, 2019. Nominations received after the nomination deadline will not be considered.
- The nomination summary of action must highlight specific, demonstrable contribution(s) to the advancement of command, control, communications, computers, and intelligence (C4I), information systems, cyber operations or information warfare Contributions need not be technical in nature, but may arise from doctrinal, financial, organizational, or other dimensions of information systems. The contribution should demonstrate exceptional initiative, leadership and insight within the nominee's area of expertise. The summary of action must be limited to 500 words or less.
- The nomination template can be found on milSuite. Nominations must be signed and submitted following this template.
- The official Department of the Navy announcement can be found in NAVADMIN 175/19. The Marine Corps announcement can be found in MARADMIN 474/19. The Offical Coast Guard annoucement can be found in ALCOAST 235/19.
- Email nominations to: AFCEA Educational Foundation, email@example.com, 703-631-6147