Enlisted Superior Performer Award
The Enlisted Superior Performer (ESP) Awards are presented annually at WEST to recognize the service of those military members who have been selected by their commands for particularly superior service in the past year. Recipients are awarded one-year memberships in both AFCEA International and the U.S. Naval Institute. Awardees and their Commanding Officers are invited to attend one of three luncheons held at WEST, where they will be recognized.
Major commands in the San Diego area are invited to nominate a set number of individuals (this includes subordinate commands) to be recognized at a luncheon on one of the three days. Approximately 40 awardees total will be recognized each day, with Senior Enlisted Advisors announcing each recipient from the podium. In addition to the individual nominees, one Command Representative is also invited to attend.
Participating Commands include:
- Coast Guard Pacific Area
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
- I Marine Expeditionary Force (Includes 1st MarDiv, 1st MLG, & 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing)
- Naval Air Forces Pacific
- Navy Region Southwest
- Naval Surface Force, U.S. Pacific Fleet
- U.S. Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego
- Navy Special Warfare Command
- U.S. THIRD Fleet
- Navy Medicine West
- Undersea Warfighting Development Center
- Surface Mine Warfighting Development Center
- Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center
- Marine Corps Air Station Yuma
- Marine Corps Installations West – Marine Corps Base, Camp Pendleton
- Marine Corps Communications-Electronics School
- Marine Corps Tactical Systems Support Activity
- Navy Submarine Development Squadron
Point of Contact
AFCEA POC for the ESP Award Program is Mike Warlick, 703-631-6132.