The AFCEA Technology Committee is a standing committee of AFCEA International, chartered by and responsible to the Board of Directors of AFCEA International. The purpose of the Technology Committee is to enhance AFCEA's outreach to the information technology (IT) communities; cultivate partnerships among government, industry, academic, and scientific leaders; and focus on finding solutions for the IT and related management problems facing government, military, industry, and non-profit sector leaders worldwide.
Benefits of membership include interaction with other technology leaders, networking with a broad and diverse spectrum of government, industry, academic and scientific experts, and reachback into industry and academic resources, capabilities and thought leadership.
Specific Committee objectives include:
- Facilitate networking, outreach and collaboration opportunities between and among government, industry, academic, and non-profit organizations to identify and analyze information technology and management needs in coordination with one another and discuss potential solutions
- Sponsor and promote discussion forums and seminars in support of government agency/industry/scientific technology solutions and their adaptation
- Consistent with AFCEA International strategies and guidelines, recommend and/or provide IT and related information management solutions and approaches that benefit and integrate with all AFCEA components, e.g., chapters, International committees, events, etc.
- Sponsor projects to promote AFCEA membership and support within IT and information management related communities, including government, industry, academic and non-profit.
- Provide advice to and input for AFCEA's journal, SIGNAL, and AFCEA web services and social media resources
- Provide support and advice to AFCEA chapters as requested, including assistance with speakers, technology, networking, and program development
- Manage AFCEA International’s annual technology awards program. This includes defining and selecting award categories, reviewing all nominations received by AFCEA International, and selecting winners.
In recognition of the contributions made by AFCEA members worldwide AFCEA International conducts a yearly awards program that recognizes the technical and engineering accomplishments of its members. For information about the latest awards program or to submit a nomination, click here.
Current Committee Roster:
The AFCEA International Technology Committee consists of approximately 60 public and private/non-profit sector information technology (IT) professionals who oversee AFCEA International’s outreach to the IT communities. To see the current membership roster, click here.
Committee Membership Application:
Please consider joining us! Applications are taken from government applicants at any time throughout the year; private or non-profit sector applicants are requested to submit their applications during an annual industry membership evaluation period each Spring.
If you would like to apply to serve on the AFCEA Technology Committee, click here.