VADM Samuel L. Gravely Memorial Scholarship
AMERICAN SYSTEMS has partnered with AFCEA to offer two $2,500 VADM Samuel L. Gravely Memorial Scholarships for STEM students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree attending a four-year Historically Black College or University (HBCU) in the United States.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be attending an HBCU in the United States
- Must be a full-time student in an accredited U.S. university currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in a hard science or technology-related (STEM) degree program
Applications accepted starting October 1st, 2021 and must include completed application, one letter of recommendation, and official transcript. Deadline: November 30, 2021. A link to the online application form will be posted at the top of this page.
Instructions for electronic submission of the recommendation letters will be provided to the endorsers automatically as part of the online application process - please do not mail separately. Letters of Recommendation are not accepted from applicants. If the endorser does not receive the email, letters can be emailed to email@example.com.
Address letters to:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22030
Completed application includes: Application, one Letter of Recommendation, and Official Transcript.
Upon selection of the winner(s), the Foundation will disburse the scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s university or college.