Intel Graduate Diversity Scholarship
Intel-AFCEA Graduate Diversity Scholarship
Applications accepted starting January 1.
Deadline May 31.
This Scholarship offered for the academic year 2020-2021, will provide scholarship funding at $3,000 per awardee for full-time college students that are underrepresented minorities (i.e. technical female, African-Americans, Latin/Hispanic origin, and/or Native American) or a Gold Start Family Member, currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters or PhD) at an accredited academic institution in the United States and living in the United States. The eligible majors for this scholarship support the mission of AFCEA Educational Foundation and are listed below. In addition to the diversity requirement, applicants must also be either be either a current member of the Armed Forces, have prior military experience, or be a Gold Star Family Member.
The graduate student must be majoring in one of the following disciplines listed below.
- Applicant must be a service Veteran or active duty service member, or a “Gold Star Family Member” with provided proof (i.e. member number, etc.)
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents and live within the U.S.
- Applicant must be a full-time student currently pursuing a graduate degree (masters or PhD) at an accredited U.S. University
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA
Chemistry, Chemical Engineering Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Material Engineering or Science, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Polymer Engineering, Robotics Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Statistics.
Application, current transcripts, latest resume, and essay responses.
Applications will be accepted starting January 1. A link to the online application form will be posted at the top of this page. In addtion to basic information, applicants must answer five essay questions. Applications must be complete, including all supporting documentation, by closing date.
Please provide the following:
- A brief synopsis of your relevant work experience and a breif personal statement of your future career goals upon graduation. Explain how your academic and career goals align to the mission of the AFCEA Educational Foundation.
- Current official transcript issued by the school Registrar's Office
- Minimum two letters of recommendation required from faculty in the major of study. Optionally, applicants may also submit a third letter of recommendation.
- Current résumé
- Undergraduate transcript. Official transcripts reflecting all college-level study will also be required by the deadline date - electronic submission preferred. If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.If electronic submission is not possible, please send official document to the AFCEA address listed below to arrive by midnight of the deadline date. No applications are accepted on the deadline date.
Please answer the following essay questions:
- Technical Skills or Experiences: Describe your hands-on technical skills obtained through a college project, research and/or work experiences that would be relevant in sharing with a technical and/or military affiliated company.
- Leadership Skills or Experiences: Describe your existing leadership skills and/or experience(s) from a university or work-related experience.
- Insights Question 1: Give an example of how you worked effectively on a challenging situation, while dealing with ambiguity, tight deadlines under pressure, etc.
- Insights Question 2: Give an example of a goal you reached and the key milestones that helped you achieve it.
- Insights Question 3: Give an example of how you worked on a team where everyone had different options of how to solve a problem.
Instructions for electronic submission of the recommendation letters will be provided to the endorsers automatically as part of the online application process - please do not mail separately. Letters of Recommendation are not accepted from applicants. If the endorser does not receive the email, letters can be emailed to email@example.com.
Address letters to:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22030
Upon selection of the winner(s), the Foundation will disburse the scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s university or college.
Intel will award each scholarship recipient a one year membership to AFCEA.