Emerging Professionals in Intelligence Committee
The AFCEA Emerging Professionals in Intelligence Committee (EPIC) is an exciting, high-energy group focused on developing leaders, networking, and giving back to the Intelligence Community (IC). The committee, comprising IC professionals ages 40 and under from both the public and private sectors, enhances AFCEA’s outreach and education to the IC. The committee is an extension of the longstanding and highly regarded AFCEA Intelligence Committee.
EPIC members have access to accomplished senior executives from across industry and government as they speak about their experience and current issues facing the IC. Recent speakers at AFCEA EPIC meetings include a former Director of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), former Senior Director of the White House Situation Room, former President & CEO of the D.C. Chamber of Commere, and a former Inspector General of the CIA. Membership in the committee also enables participation in AFCEA’s Intelligence related events.
EPIC members are next-generation leaders in government and industry from across the IC. As a member, you will have the opportunity to connect with members at monthly meetings, discuss intelligence-related concerns, and engage in conversations with the senior executive speakers and IC leaders. Through these interactions, you can build invaluable contacts and relationships that are satisfying both personally and professionally.
You will have the opportunity to give back to the IC through projects and events led and supported by committee members. In the past year, EPIC has grown its education outreach program to encourage future leaders to choose and continue a career in intelligence. EPIC also hosts quarterly Speaker Series events to educate young professionals on different areas related to intelligence.
Applications are now open until September 16, 2018. If you have any questions please email us.
- Listen to our first podcast! What is EPIC? What events do we have coming up?
- DNI James Clapper Talks Pre-election Uncertainty and Global Instability at EPIC Event
- Hacking the Hackers: Should Private Companies Strike Back?
- Expert: Intel Community Needs to Stabilize Reliance on All Disciplines
- EPIC Members Brief the ODNI on Global Trends 2030
- EPIC Members Meet with Students from The Intelligence Center of Academic Excellence (ICAE) Scholars Program of the University of Maryland School of Public Policy (MSPP)
EPIC Committee Contact, AFCEA Intelligence Department