AFCEA Europe STEM Grants Program
The AFCEA Educational Foundation is dedicated to providing support to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) students and teachers. Since 2010, AFCEA Educational Foundation has invested more than $1.2 million in teachers who are providing innovative STEM learning opportunities in their classrooms.
Grants are available to provide funding to European Chapters to promote STEM innovation in the classrooms with emphasis on elementary academic programs. Grants of up to $1,000 USD will be awarded. Chapters should identify a need in their community and then propose a program to address this need. Programs will be funded on a year-by-year basis, but will be eligible for renewal. Chapters are encouraged to contribute matching funds, and programs with matching funding will have an advantage.
Summaries of model programs currently implemented by other chapters are available, and chapters are encouraged to reach out to the Educational Foundation for advice or ideas.
- Grants will be awarded to fund programs offering direct sponsorship to students or teachers in STEM areas. Funds may be used for equipment and materials, sponsoring extracurricular activities e.g. robotics or cyber clubs, science fairs, etc., or a combination thereof. Programs should respond to community needs.
- Selection will be based on projected impact, soundness of methodology, and financial need.
- A detailed proposal is required stating the following:
- Title and description of program
- Number of teachers/students impacted
- Goals & objectives
- Methods & procedures
- Budget describing how the funds will be used
- Successful applicants will be required to submit a report on how the funds were used and what the impact of the project was. Grants will not be eligible for renewal without submission of the report.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The judges will meet 2 times per year to evaluate applications, and funds will be disbursed 6-8 weeks later. Grants of up to $1,000 USD will be awarded. FY2020 dates:
- November 15, 2020
- July 1, 2021