Industry Information on COVID-19
AFCEA’s President and CEO, Lt. Gen. Robert M. Shea, USMC (Ret.), has been asked to participate in calls hosted by Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment Ellen Lord. To ensure the security, reliability and resilience of our defense industrial base (DIB) and our collective effort to execute the National Defense Strategy, Ms. Lord has organized these calls to discuss COVID-19 updates and get feedback on COVID-19 impacts on industry. Ms. Lord and her team have reached out to Gen. Shea and other association executives to share information with industry and to get insights into industrial base vulnerabilities. AFCEA has received permission to share highlights from the calls with our members.
We will continue to update this website with documents and links as well as other relevant information from these meetings. Please check back often.
In support of the Defense Logistics Agency’s (DLA) Industry Engagement Plan, DLA has established the Supplier Satisfaction Survey effort sponsored by DLA Acquisition. This voluntary survey will help DLA better understand what factors drive supplier satisfaction.
Here is a link to the survey: https://www.dibbs.bsm.dla.mil/notices/msgdspl.aspx?msgid=1046
DLA continues to actively manage our spending on new contracts. DLA is working with OSD and Service Logistics leadership on managing obligation authority and customer requirements. It is anticipated that obligation authority will be provided for DLA to sustain awarding contracts to the industrial base commensurate with demand from the Military Services.
The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) has established an inbox specifically for emails regarding DIB companies' changes in operational status. This will allow DCMA to capture specific company/site operational DIB impacts that can be rolled up for reporting purposes. Please submit reports in the format described below to email@example.com
- Company Name
- Location (mailing address)
- CAGE Code (if known)
- Government Programs potentially impacted (if known)
- Description of DIB Impact (closure/production degradation/other description of expected DIB impact)
- POC (Name/email/contact number) **in case we need to reach out for additional info
April 29, 2020 Foreign Investment: Tools for Small Business and How DOD Can Help
June 16, 1 pm NIST Manufacturing Extension Partnership
Q: Where can companies go for information on potential opportunities to support COVID requirements now that the JATF portal has closed?
During the current COVID-19 public health emergency, the JATF has provided assisted acquisition support to the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The JATF has used the industry portal as well and the Commercial Solutions Opening to solicit concepts from industry in support of domestic industrial capacity for HHS COVID-19 response priorities. At this time, DoD is not currently supporting a specific requirement from HHS for assisted acquisition. We encourage companies to monitor the HHS Broad Agency Announcement websitehttps://www.phe.gov/ASPRNext/Pages/default.aspx and beta.SAM.gov for ongoing government requirements.
Q: Who can companies talk to about the CSO for PPE – specifically disposable gowns? The association was questioning the rejection of a disposable gown CSO submission.
As identified in the CSO, paragraph 1.6.1.j, Solutions Briefs that are not invited to a Spiral Phase 2 Oral Presentation or Spiral Phase 3 Request for CSP will be notified in writing as soon as practicable. Further verbal feedback may be provided, upon request, at the Contracting/Agreements Officer’s discretion. Debriefings to unsuccessful offerors shall be provided upon request in accordance with provisions and timelines of FAR 52.212-1.
Military Services Small Business Portals For Industy
- Army: https://osbp.army.mil/
- Navy: https://www.facebook.com/NAVYOSBP/
- Air Force: https://www.airforcesmallbiz.af.mil/Coronavirus/
- Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment Capabilities
- Thank You Letter from Secretary of Defense
- Guidance for the Use of Embedded Compute3r Capabilities and External Peripherals in Telework Environment
- SWIFT Program E-Fingerprint Service Providers
- Authorized Telework Capabilities and Guidance
- FEMA Coronavirus Pandemic Fact Sheet: Addressing PPE Needs in Non-Healthcare Setting
- Implementation Guidance CARES 3610 Updated April 24, 2020
- Flexibilities for Electronic Delivery of Information Related to Suspensions and Debarments
- SBA Report on PPP
- ALA Analysis of PPP Updates
- PPP Lenders
- OSBP Cyer Webinar Flyer
- NDIA Small Business Survey Responses
- Public Talking Points on Progress Payment Implementation
- Implementation Guidance CARES 3610 Updated April 17,2020
- Preserving the Resilience of the Federal Contracting Base in the Fight Against the Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Letter Requesting Clarification of Implementation of Section 3610 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- FAQ Implementation Guidance CARES 3610, Updated April 9,2020
- Implementation Guidance CARES 3610
- Sample SAM.Gov Announcement
- Class Deviation - CARES Act Section 3610 Implementation
- DPC COVID Guidance
- DIB Small Business Best Practices
- DPC class deviation for Undefinitized Contract Actions. Removes the limit of 75% obligation on UCAs related to COVID
- DPC progress payment implementation: question 1 states the “true up” of inception to date costs for industry will be paid
- JATF Fact Sheet
- Managing Defense Contracts Impacts of the Corona Virus
- Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers
- DoD Small Business Roster
- Defense Industrial Base Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
- Deviation for Change in Progress Payments
- Contract Place of Performance, Public Health Consideratirons
- Department of Treasury Stage III Proposal
- AFJAG Q&A Sheet
- Planning for Potential Novel Coronavirus Contract Impacts
- DIB Contract Considerations
- Amy Murray, DDASD, keynote
- Press Briefing on Adaptive Acquisition Framework,
- Supply Chain Integrity Hearing, October 1, 2020
- Transcript of Ms. Lord's Keynote September 9, 2020.
- Transcript of USD Lord's media brief
- DOD Announces $135 Million in Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 Actions
- Treasure Implementatin of $17 billion-national security companies details. Application link
- OSD public facing website for cyber guidance
- DoD Details $133 Million DPA Title III COVID-19 project
- USD Lord Update on DoD COVID-19 Response Efforts
- First DOD Defense Production Act Title 3 COVID-19 Project
- PTAC website
- Small Business Disaster Assistance
- COVID-19 Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- DIB Small Business looking for loan: Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- DoD press release on COVID-19 Industry Calls
- JATF portal
- DCMA' Commercial Item Determination
- JATF Overview
- Industry Comments Relative to the CARES Act
- Resources in Response to Novel Corona Virus
- March 25 briefing to reporters
- DLA's Request for Information on PPE in response to COVID-19
- March 18 DHA town hall
- Inbox for COVID-19 company inquiries: OSD.Pentagon.OUSDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- DHS Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response.
- Coronavirus information and guidance
AFCEA values your continued engagement with us, and our thoughts are with all of those who are currently impacted by COVID-19.
We know the challenges of the virus have created a very difficult business environment, so if we can be of any assistance during this time, we are ready to help. Providing support to industry is part of our mission; we have been a dedicated partner with industry for nearly 75 years. Please contact email@example.com if we can be of service to you in any way.