“AFCEA is an international organization that serves its members by providing a forum for the ethical exchange of information. AFCEA is dedicated to increasing knowledge through the exploration of issues relevant to its members in information technology, communications, and electronics for the defense, homeland security and intelligence communities.”
“To be the premier information technology, communications, and electronics association for professionals in international government, industry and academia worldwide.”
Insist on the highest ethics in everything we do.
Apply visionary leadership in our community and encourage it from our members at every level.
Consistently demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement of the Association and to improvement of service to our members.
Provide the highest quality in everything we do.
Commit to do everything possible to further the education of our members and of the communities we serve.
Encourage, embrace and continually enlist the support and inclusion of all members of our diverse international community.
- Reduced budgets for acquisitions require extensive communication between government and industry. This is particularly important with small businesses, which are harder for government to reach. More than 80 percent of AFCEA corporate membership is small business. AFCEA's nearly 2000 corporate members include virtually every significant corporate player in the global security space.
- AFCEA is NOT a lobbying organization. Our mission as a member-based non-profit professional association is to facilitate training and communication among government, industry and academia.
- AFCEA symposia and events have been honed to focus on mission-critical issues, training, and government-industry coordination and interface. Embedded training is focused on professional licensure or equivalent certifications and retention. AFCEA has consolidated events to provide maximum cost-effectiveness.
- Event locations have been adjusted to provide local travel opportunities for as many government participants as possible.
- AFCEA regional and chapter events are focused on the specific mission-critical needs of local commands.
- Education is an AFCEA Core Value - AFCEA International, the AFCEA Educational Foundation, and AFCEA Chapters invest approximately $2 million in scholarships to military veterans, ROTC students, and STEM students and teachers.
SIGNAL April Preview
SIGNAL Digital Edition
SIGNAL Resource Library
Sign up for SIGNAL Connections