CISA Names Cybersecurity Advisory Committee Members
Jen Easterly, director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), announced today the appointment of the first 23 members of the agency’s new Cybersecurity Advisory Committee, a group that will advise and provide recommendations to the director on policies, programs, planning, and training to enhance the nation’s cyber defense.
The committee will examine and make recommendations on a variety of topics collectively aimed at strengthening CISA and more broadly reshaping the cyber ecosystem to favor defense. These topics include growing the cyber workforce; reducing systemic risk to national critical functions; igniting the power of the hacker community to help defend the nation; combating misinformation and disinformation impacting the security of critical infrastructure; and transforming public-private partnership into true operational collaboration, according to a CISA press release.
The members are:
- Steve Adler, mayor, City of Austin, Texas
- Marene Allison, chief information security officer, Johnson & Johnson
- Lori Beer, chief information officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Robert Chesney, James A. Baker III chair in the Rule of Law and World Affairs, University of Texas School of Law
- Thomas Fanning, chairman, president and CEO, Southern Company
- Vijaya Gadde, legal, public policy and trust and safety lead, Twitter
- Patrick Gallagher, chancellor, University of Pittsburgh
- Ronald Green, executive vice president and chief security officer, Mastercard
- Niloofar Razi Howe, board member, Tenable
- Kevin Mandia, CEO, Mandiant
- Jeff Moss, president, DEF CON Communications
- Nuala O’Connor, senior vice president & chief counsel, digital citizenship, Walmart
- Nicole Perlroth, cybersecurity journalist
- Matthew Prince, CEO, Cloudflare
- Ted Schlein, general partner, Kleiner Perkins; and Caufield & Byers
- Stephen Schmidt, chief information security officer, Amazon Web Services
- Suzanne Spaulding, senior advisor for homeland security, CSIS
- Alex Stamos, partner, Krebs Stamos Group
- Kate Starbird, associate professor, Human Centered Design & Engineering, University of Washington
- George Stathakopoulos, vice president of corporate information security, Apple
- Brig. Gen. Alicia Tate-Nadeau, ARNG, (Ret.), director, Illinois Emergency Management Agency
- Nicole Wong, principal, NWong Strategies
- Chris Young, executive vice president of business development, strategy, and ventures, Microsoft
The CISA Cybersecurity Advisory Committee will hold its first meeting on December 10, where members will be sworn in, discuss their scope of work and develop a plan for tackling key areas of focus. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, members of the media and public may attend virtually. Members of the media and public that wish to attend virtually need to RSVP to CISA_CybersecurityAdvisoryCommittee@cisa.dhs.gov by December 8.
For more information about the CISA Cybersecurity Advisory Committee and the biographies of Committee members, visit https://www.cisa.gov/cisa-cybersecurity-advisory-committee.
If you are interested in this topic, you may also be interested in CISA Creating Zero Trust Playbook for Government.