To enter, submit an original news feature, analysis or commentary related to the theme of the contest for the year. Focus can be on technology, programs, processes and/or solutions.
The top three articles receive a monetary prize.
- First Place $5,000
- Second Place $2,000
- Third Place $1,000
The top three articles also will be published by SIGNAL Media.
Prior to writing, take time to review the SIGNAL Magazine Guest Author Writers Guide and SIGNAL Magazine feature articles. Follow a news writing style based on the inverted pyramid. Do not depend on footnotes to provide attribution or references.
Contest entries will be judged on content originality, alignment with the contest’s theme, usefulness, objectivity and writing quality.
Deadline to submit entries is February 15, 2023.
- Open to members of industry, academia, government and military 18 years of age and older.
- Articles submitted elsewhere or previously published in print, online or in any other format are not eligible.
- Word count for articles should be between 1,200 and 1,600 words.
- Do not include images at time of submission. Images for winning articles will be requested when the winner is notified.
- Remove any identification or biographic information from the article, including on the cover page or in the header/footer. Identify the author of the article only on the submission form.
- Entries may be co-authored by up to three people. If co-authors are named, the published prize amount will be divided equally among the co-authors.
- An individual may only submit one article or be a co-writer on one article per contest year.
- An individual may win only once every three years.
- Employees of AFCEA or employees of the contest sponsor and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Only submissions that follow The Cyber Edge Writing Contest rules stated above are eligible.
Entries must meet all the criteria to be eligible for prizes. Authors must verify copyright ownership as part of the submission process.
2023, 2022, 2021 and 2020 Contests sponsored by