Ciena Teacher Grants
The Ciena Grants are established to support classroom teachers with the implementation of innovative and engaging science technology engineering and math (STEM) programs, activities, and technology (software and hardware) to promote learning and digital equality.
The Ciena grant program will award deserving teachers in the DC metro area, DoDEA schools, and schools in all 50 states grants up to $3,000. The grants will be applied toward materials and resources to support STEM programs and activities. Schools with high economic need (over 50 percent of the students qualifying for free or reduced lunch assistance) will be given priority consideration to support digital equality. Innovative distance and virtual learning projects and programs will be considered.
Applications are accepted and awarded on a rolling basis.
- Currently be teaching science, technology, engineering, or math (STEM) in grades K-12 in the United States or at any DoDEA school.
- Currently be teaching in one of the specific areas supported by the grant: DC metro area school, DoDEA school, or in any of the 50 US states.
- Submit a detailed proposal outlining the program or area of need including:
- Title and description
- Goals and objectives
- Costs and budget
- Number of students impacted
- Include a letter of recommendation from the school principal.
Opportunities for Volunteers to Participate
Ciena has robust community outreach programs and would like to involve employee volunteers to participate in these projects, programs, or culminating activities. Proposals should include plans for volunteer opportunities including but not limited to:
- Program/project participation in classrooms
- Extracurricular program/project participation
- Fair or activity judging
- Program preparation activities
- Presentation of awards or grants