Objectives of Homeland Security in AFCEA
- Strengthen AFCEA’s relationships with the homeland security enterprise and position AFCEA as a catalyst for dialogue with industry and the global security community.
- Promote public/private partnership and engagement between government and the private sector to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- Provide premier education and training on homeland security-related subjects, including cross-topic areas such as cyber and information technology.
- Recognize and honor accomplishments of AFCEA members through awards focused on joint industry/government achievements.
- Biometrics/Identity Management
- Border Security (including land, maritime and country)
- Critical Infrastructure and Perimeter Protection
- Emergency Preparedness and Response (for both terrorism and natural disasters)
- Next-Generation Security Technologies
- Transportation Security (including aviation and maritime)
Develop and maintain relationships withlarge and small businesses. We do not lobby, which helps us provide a more open forum between the military, government and AFCEA's corporate members.
Meet, engage and collaborate with a variety of professionals, including officers and enlisted personnel, academia, civilian government and industry as an individual member of AFCEA. Attend events and become involved with one of the many AFCEA chapters worldwide.
Every great leader had mentors to guide them and a network for support. The AFCEA community gives you the opportunity to learn from successful government, military, industry and academic professionals and to build a peer network.
AFCEA’s scholarship programs at the international and chapter levels reward professional and academic accomplishments.
SIGNAL Media offers in-depth, relevant news in the cyber, communications and information technology realms of the defense, intelligence and global security communities. Members receive SIGNAL Magazine monthly in print, digital or both formats, based on their preference.
AFCEA’s Homeland Security Committee comprises volunteers from the public and private sectors who help ensure that collaboration, cooperation and communication take place throughout government agencies at all levels. Committee members meet regularly to examine the latest threats to nations and discuss ideas for solutions.