The committee is an exciting, high-energy group focused on developing leaders, networking and giving back to the intelligence community (IC). The committee, comprised of IC professionals younger than age 40 from the public and private sectors, enhances AFCEA’s outreach and education to the IC. The committee is an extension of the longstanding and highly regarded AFCEA Intelligence Committee.
What the Committee Does
- Develops Leaders. EPIC members have access to accomplished senior executives from across industry and government as they speak about their experiences and the current issues facing the IC.
- Facilitates Networking. EPIC members are next-generation leaders in government and industry from across the IC. Through committee and association interactions, members can build invaluable contacts and relationships that are satisfying both personally and professionally.
- Offers Education
- EPIC hosts Speaker Series events to educate young professionals in different areas related to intelligence.
- Develops Leaders. Committee members have the opportunity to give back to the IC through projects and events they lead and support. EPIC's growing education outreach program encourages future leaders to choose and continue a career in intelligence.
Committee Membership Details
- Membership List
- Membership Criteria
- Be the age 40 or younger
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Possess an active TOP SECRET clearance with SI/TK access
- Participate in monthly two-hour meetings, generally held on the first Tuesday of each month from 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. ET at AFCEA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia, as well as other committee activities as needed
- Be a member of AFCEA International. (Note: You need not be an AFCEA member to become a candidate for membership on the EPIC Committee, but if elected you would be required to join the Association either on an individual basis ($50 per year) or through corporate membership.)