From the Desk of AFCEA’s Technology Committee, October 2023
The 2023 election voting is complete and AFCEA joins committee leadership in welcoming the new Technology Committee members. The pool of candidates was exceptional. This year’s class brings a diverse set of professional experiences and backgrounds.
Newly elected members include:
- Blake Brown with Blue Ivy Partners
- Simon Hartley with Quantinuum• Gary Hix with Hitachi Vantara Federal
- Jaime Holcombe with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, The Patent and Trademark Depository Library Program
- Scott McDuff with Sterling
- Frank Reyes with Attain LLC
- Pankaj Sharma with Rigil Corporation
- Sandeep Shilawat with Octo
- Gurdip Singh with George Mason University
- Kendall Weistroffer with Microsoft
Three of the new members—Brown, Holcombe and Weistroffer—are members of AFCEA’s Emerging Leaders, a program that offers professionals 40 years and younger unparalleled networking opportunities with senior leaders.
The Technology Committee, like all AFCEA committees, is a volunteer group of leaders from industry, academia and government/military. Its members are focused on exploring emerging technology topics, networking and giving back to the community.
The committee facilitates networking, outreach and collaboration opportunities between and among government, industry, academic and nonprofit organizations to identify and analyze information technology and management needs in coordination with one another and discuss potential solutions.
Congratulations and welcome to our new members.
Each month, SIGNAL Magazine publishes a feature in the Committee Corner to highlight news you can us from AFCEA’s committees. Committee leaders should submit entries to Sandra Jontz.