AFCEA STEM Majors Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
Applications closed until January 1, 2024
STEM Major Scholarships Available
- STEM Major Scholarship ($2,500)
- Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship ($3,000)
- Cyber Security Scholarship ($5,000)
- Student Member Scholarship ($2,500)
NOTE: There is one application form for all STEM Major Scholarships; applicants will be considered for all AFCEA STEM Major scholarship opportunities for which they are qualified.
- Undergraduate candidates must be at least second-year college students enrolled as sophomores or juniors full-time in a four-year college or university at the time of application. Online programs are eligible.
- A current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher in the current program at an accredited U.S. college or university required at the time of application.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
The following categories of students are not eligible for STEM Majors scholarships:
- Students attending a community college and planning to attend a four-year university
- Students attending a two-year college
- Freshman or seniors in a four-year university
- High school seniors
Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA:
These majors include: astronomy, biometry/biometrics, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations, research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence and telecommunications engineering
Scholarship awards are subject to availability of funding. Scholarship awards are restricted to tuition, course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies and equipment, that are required for the courses at the university.
Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
Applicants for the Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must be a woman or minority student. Students attending HBCUs are particularly encouraged to apply. Graduate students should apply to the Ralph W. Shrader Graduate Diversity Scholarship.
Cyber Security Scholarship
Applicants for the Cyber Security Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must be in one of the following majors:
- Computer science
- Digital forensics
- Information assurance
- Information technology
- Electronic engineering
- Other field related to the support of U.S. cyber enterprises
Student Member Scholarship
Applicants for the Student Member Scholarship must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the STEM Majors Scholarship. Additionally, applicants must hold an AFCEA membership, either a student membership or a Junior Enlisted membership.
A link to the online application form will be posted at the top of this page.
- In addition to basic information, there are several short-answer questions.
In addition to the online application, other required documents include:
- Official Transcript: with completed courses and grades including grades from the Fall 2022 semester. Submit electronically through school to firstname.lastname@example.org. If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send official document to the AFCEA address listed below to arrive by the deadline date.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: from faculty in the major of study. Have your references submit their letters of recommendation in pdf form via email to email@example.com.
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22033
Official transcripts reflecting all college-level study will also be required by the deadline date; electronic submission preferred. If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.
If electronic submission is not possible, please send official document to the AFCEA address listed above to arrive by midnight of the deadline date.
Optionally, applicants may also submit a third letter of recommendation or résumé.
Completed applications, including all supporting documentation, must be submitted by the posted deadline.