The committee comprises a diverse group of volunteers made up of AFCEA industry members and government representatives who are ready to serve AFCEA members.
What the Committee Does
- Cultivates partnerships among government, industry and academic leaders by investing time and resources.
- Enhances AFCEA's outreach to the small business community.
- Develops strategies and programs to enable full inclusion of small business within AFCEA.
- Provides opportunities for large and small businesses to develop relationships for partnerships and teams.
Committee Membership Details
Potential committee members must:
- Be employed by a company that is an AFCEA corporate member
- Active government
- Be an individual AFCEA member
- Be a government or industry stakeholder in the small business community
- Be willing to engage throughout a three-year tenure
Committee meetings are scheduled monthly. Typically, meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of the month from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at AFCEA headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia. Engagement includes attending monthly meetings (in person or virtually); participating on at least one subcommittee; and sponsoring, attending and/or volunteering at AFCEA Small Business events. Represent AFCEA as a brand ambassador for speaking engagements, government focus groups, events and media.
Members and liaisons will be drawn from the public and private sectors, including government, industry and academia.