Ralph W. Shrader Graduate Diversity Scholarship
Applications Open January 1 - May 31, 2023
Scholarships of $3,000 will be awarded to full-time students (women and minority students), enrolled in at least their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses, currently pursuing a graduate degree at any accredited academic institution in the United States and living in the United States in an eligible major that supports the mission of AFCEA Educational Foundation. Expected graduation date cannot be in the year the scholarship is awarded. Undergraduate students should apply for the AFCEA Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship.
The scholarship funding is restricted to tuition and course-related expenses, such as fees, books, supplies and equipment that are required for the courses at the university.
NOTE: Failure to meet requirements could affect scholarship eligibility.
- U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants.
- Graduate-level candidates
- Must currently be enrolled in their second semester and at least two semester-equivalent courses per semester at an accredited college or university in the United States at the time of application. A current overall GPA of 3.5 or higher at the time of application.
- AFCEA's focus is on STEM/hard sciences - information technology, cybersecurity, telecommunications electronics supporting defense, homeland security and intelligence communities.
- Qualifying stem majors related to the mission of AFCEA include: astronomy, biometry/biometrics, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations, research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence and telecommunications engineering
In addition to basic information, there is one short-answer question:
Please provide a brief synopsis of your relevant work experience and a brief personal statement of your future career goals upon graduation. Explain how your academic and career goals align to the mission of AFCEA Educational Foundation
There is also a short-answer section for a brief summary of financial need.
In addition to the online application, other required documents include:
- Current official transcript issued by the school Registrar's Office
- Minimum two letters of recommendation required from faculty in the major of study
- Current résumé
- Undergraduate transcript - either official or unofficial
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22033
If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.
If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed above to arrive by the deadline date.
Optionally, applicants may also submit a third letter of recommendation.
Applications must be complete, including all supporting documentation, by the deadline.