"Cyber Capabilities in Hybrid Warfare Scenarios"
Venue: Scandic Infra City Hotel, Upplands Väsby (Stockholm), Sweden
TechNet Europe is the second largest annual event organised by AFCEA Europe. This conference is similar to TechNet International with an intimate feel that fosters networking opportunities and a highly-regarded industry and technology exhibition.
The theme of this year's event was "Cyber Capabilities in Hybrid Warfare Scenarios.” TechNet Europe 2017 was organised in cooperation with the AFCEA Stockholm Chapter and held under the patronage of the Minister of Defence, Sweden. With the increasing tensions in the European area, civil-military cooperation is more important than ever. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Europe had seen more than 20 years of increasing peace and stability. Armed conflicts at the European borders seemed unlikely to occur. This led to major defence budget cuts (peace dividend) and a society that viewed management of hybrid crises not to be a high priority. With the current deteriorating situation at the European borders, there is a need to study scenarios including those that could lead to war-like situations. This emphasises the need for an appropriate civil-military Cooperation to master any rapid and antagonistic development.
Featured confirmed speakers:
- Mr. Peter Hultqvist, Minister of Defence, Sweden
- General Micael Bydén, Supreme Commander of the Swedish Armed Forces
- Dr. John A. Zangardi, Acting DoD CIO (USA)
- Rear Admiral Maarten Tossings MSc, Principal Director and Chief Information Officer, Ministry of Defence, Principal Directorate of Organisation and Information (NLD)
- Major General Fredrik Robertsson, CIO, Swedish Armed Forces
- Brigadier General Mikko Heiskanen, CIO Finnish Defence
- Mr. Kristian Vengsgaard, Danish Defence CIO
- Mr. Nils Svartz, Director General, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency
- Prof. Dr. Udo Helmbrecht, Executive Director, ENISA
- Mr. Kevin Scheid, General Manager, NCI Agency
- Mr. Matti Saarelainen, Interim Director, European Centre of Excellence for Countering Hybrid Threats, Finland
- Ms Essye Miller, DoD CISO (USA)
- Mr. Chris Stace, Head of Unit, Information Superiority, European Defense Agency
- Dr. Åke Holmgren, Office of Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection, Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB)
- Professor Matthias Ekstedt, Industrial Information and Control Systems, Swedish Royal Institute of Technology
- Mr. Mikko Hyppönen, Chief Research Officer, F-Secure (FIN)
- Air Cdre Bruce Wynn OBE FBCS CITP RAF (retd), Freelance Cyber Consultant and Advisor, and member of AFCEA’s International Cyber Committee (GBR)
- Cyber Operations in Hybrid Warfare Scenarios
- Exploring Existing and Future Relationships of all Parties
- Cyber Security in the Future
- Keeping up with Speed of Development in Cyber - It is a Must!
NEW: AFCEA Hack:
From 9 – 11 October, in conjunction with TechNet Europe, the first-ever hackathon "AFCEA Hack" was organised. During the hackathon, young professionals and students working as developers and designers came together to solve challenges created by some of the leading companies in the field of cybersecurity.