Krystin Fakalata, chapter executive vice president, put out a call to chapter membership to submit nominations for the chapter awards. Fakalata wrote, 'Can you believe March is next week?! Neither can I, but here we are. I'm writing to you today to ask you to reflect for a few minutes and think of someone associated with the chapter you know who deserves an award.'
The AFCEA International Spring Awards are coming, and the chapter would love for all of its members to have a chance to nominate a deserving individual or company for any of the following awards:
• Emerging Leaders (Young AFCEAN) 40 Under 40
• Small Business of the Year
• Small Business Person of the Year - Industry
• Small Business Person of the Year - Government
• Small Business Advocate
• Distinguished Award for Excellence in Engineering
• Meritorious Rising Star Award for Achievement in Engineering
• Distinguished Award for Excellence in Information Technology
• Meritorious Rising Star Award for Achievement in Information Technology
• Exceptional Contribution to STEM Education Award
• Technology Innovation Award
• Charlie Allen Award for Distinguished Intelligence Service
• Award for Meritorious Service to the Intelligence Community
You can learn more about the award criteria and past winners by visiting this page at the AFCEA International website. Winning one of these awards highlights for an international audience the wonderful work happening every day in Dayton. Also, a simple nomination goes a long way in recognizing valuable contributions to celebrate at the chapter level. Please take a moment to consider an individual or company you think should be on the winners' list.
If you would like to nominate an individual or company, please submit your write-up to Bill McGuffey, chapter awards committee chairperson, at email@example.com in March. If you need help with the write-up, please submit the prospective nominee's name to Bill as soon as possible to make sure they are still being accepted in March, and someone will work with you to develop one. Thank you for the consideration. The chapter appreciates your active participation to make the Dayton-Wright Chapter fly! The chapter has been a model chapter for over twenty years.