Not Currently Accepting Applications
American Systems has partnered with AFCEA to offer two $2,500 Vice Adm. Samuel L. Gravely Memorial Scholarships for STEM students pursuing a bachelor’s degree attending a four-year Historically Black College or University (HBCU) in the United States.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must be attending an HBCU in the United States
- Must be a full-time student in an accredited U.S. university currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Must be enrolled in a hard science or technology-related (STEM) degree program
Applications accepted starting October 1st and must include completed application, one letter of recommendation and official transcript. Deadline: early January. A link to the online application is posted at the top of this page when applications are being accepted.
Instructions for electronic submission of the recommendation letters will be provided to the endorsers automatically as part of the online application process. Please do not mail separately.
Letters of recommendation are not accepted from applicants. If the endorser does not receive the email, letters can be emailed to The Educational Foundation at the following address:
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22033
Completed application includes: application, one letter of recommendation and official transcript.
Upon selection of the winner(s), the foundation will disburse the scholarship funds directly to the recipient’s university or college.