Applications Open January 1 - May 1, 2023
Oracle Women in Leadership seeks to recognize one outstanding student who shows potential to excel in college STEM studies by awarding a one-time, $1,500 scholarship to a deserving female active-duty military college student pursuing a STEM degree. This $1,500 scholarship will be applied towards the students ongoing higher-level academic education at an accredited Community College or four-year college or university.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be a member of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Must be a woman.
- Be enrolled in an accredited Community College or four-year college or university.
- Be a well-rounded student who shows an aptitude for STEM subjects and excels in overall academic studies.
- Be in good standing with the college/university with a minimum 2.8 unweighted GPA.
- Students must major in a STEM-related area of study in support of the mission of AFCEA.
- Qualifying STEM majors related to the mission of AFCEA include:
- astronomy, biometry/biometrics, computer engineering, computer forensics science, computer programming, computer science, computer systems, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, electronics engineering, geospatial science, industrial engineering, information science, information technology, information resource management, intelligence, mathematics, mechanical engineering, network engineering, network security, operations research, physics, robotics engineering, robotics technology, statistics, strategic intelligence and telecommunications engineering.
Submissions must include the following:
- Completed Application: In addition to basic information, there are several short-answer questions.
- Official Transcript: with completed courses and grades including grades from the Fall 2022 semester. Submit electronically through school to email@example.com. If electronic submission of your transcript is not possible, please send official document to the AFCEA address listed below to arrive by the deadline date.
- One Letter of Recommendation: from the applicant’s Commanding Officer or a Professor at the school. Have your references submit their letters of recommendation in pdf form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- DD214 or current service paperwork showing OCO service: Do not submit with SSN. Submit via email to email@example.com.
AFCEA Educational Foundation
4114 Legato Road, Suite 1000
Fairfax, VA 22033
Official transcripts reflecting all college-level study will also be required by the deadline date — electronic submission preferred. If your transcript does not show your classes in progress, please submit documents showing current classes.
If electronic submission is not possible, please send the official document to the AFCEA address listed above by the deadline. Applications must be complete, including all supporting documentation, by the deadline.
Completed applications, including all supporting documentation, must be submitted by the posted deadline.