The chapter is proud to be sponsoring '5 Months of STEAM' with Digifest South, supporting content during November for technology. The chapter will highlight Women in Cyber content and how kids can get involved.
With the help of AFCEA International, the chapter donated 150 SIGNAL Kids Magazines, over 100 AFCEA slime kits and AFCEA candy. All of this can be picked up at participating Bossier Parish Libraries and the Bossier Arts Council Little Free Arthouse for kids to take home.
Digifest South 2020 is happening from October 2020 through February 2021 in Bossier City, Louisiana. Digifest South is a STEAM Expo for middle and high school students in Northwest Louisiana. The event is being held virtually this year due to COVID-19 restrictions with the Bossier Arts Council organizing the event. The event's goals are:
• To inspire students to seek education in the arts
• Demonstrate economic significance of digital skills
• Emphasize the importance of STEAM education models
Digifest South is being implemented virtually in several ways:
• Video presentations - Local businesses provide a five- to 10-minute video demonstrating how they use STEAM education at their jobs.
• Virtual tours - This would be a 'virtual tour guide' that anyone can visit. Local colleges and universities perform live interactions using a 360-degree camera. The virtual tour helps students see the activities performed in real time.
• Activity kits - These are package activities created around STEAM for students K-12. They can be picked up at Bossier Parish Libraries and the Bossier Arts Council.
• Digital ATS Competition - The competition is between digital photography, graphics, 3D renderings, Illustrations, Photoshop and web design artists. A cash prize is awarded to the winner.
Posing for a photo at the Little Free Arthouse in November are (l to r) Brandi Pickett, chapter secretary; Capt. Kebin Umodu, USAF, chapter vice president; Robin Jones, director, Bossier Arts Council; and Lt. Col. Michael Harris, USAF, chapter president.